Easy Peasy Fusilli all'Arrabbiata
While eating piles of buttery, cheesy pasta might not be tip-top for your health and waistline, swapping plain for whole grain (or, whole wheat) can help you prepare energy-packed meals, high in vitamins and minerals, and dietary fibre.
Pasta of your choice
2 tbsp of good olive oil
2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
1 tsp of chilli flakes
1 tsp of dried thyme
1 tsp of oregano
10 ripe cherry tomatoes
1/2 tin of chopped tomatoes
1 heaped tbsp of Dr Will’s Tomato Ketchup
Salt and pepper, to taste
Fresh basil (Don't forget to garnish, like we did!)
1. Bring saucepan of water to boil, salted with a dash of olive oil. Add your pasta of choice (we used wholewheat fusilli), and leave to cook.
2. Meanwhile heat the olive oil in a large frying pan. Add the garlic, chilli, thyme and oregano to the pan and leave to sizzle. Warning: keep an eye on the garlic as it can burn easily.
3. While the contents of the pan are sizzling away half the cherry tomatoes and put to one side. Add the tin of chopped tomatoes to the pan, followed by the fresh cherry tomatoes and a generous dollop of our Dr Will’s Tomato Ketchup. Simmer until the sauce has thickened a little. Add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Once the pasta is cooked, drain and add to the pan. Give the contents a hearty stir.
5. When you’ve got your spicy, tomatoey concoction all plated up, garnish with a few leaves of fresh basil and shavings of good parmesan.