Last week the awesome girls at Sugar Free Siblings whipped up this beautiful plate of wholesome goodness, and we couldn’t not share the recipe with you. So here it is – roasted trout and all the veggies, with a healthy dose of Dr Will’s. All sugar-free and utterly delicious.
5 potatoes (or 2 sweet potatoes)
1½ tbsp coconut oil
2 red onions
2 trout fillets
½ bunch broccoli &/or asparagus spears
Dr Will’s Ketchup (tomato or beetroot)
1. Place a roasting tray in the oven, and preheat to 180oC.
2. Divide the potatoes into six wedges (or more if you've got yourself a particularly sizeable spud) and the onions into quarters.
3. Take out the roasting tray from the oven and add 1tbsp of the coconut oil to melt, before adding your potatoes and onions. Add a sprinkling of salt and pepper, then toss well until the wedges are evenly coated. Place the tray back in the oven and set a timer for 30 minutes.
4. Slice up the carrots and broccoli/asparagus lengthways.
5. After the 30 minutes is up, remove the spuds from the oven, give them a hearty toss, add the carrots, and return the tray to the oven for another 15 minutes.
6. In a separate tray add the trout (skin up!) and broccoli. Place the remaining coconut oil and a pinch of pepper on top of the fish and pop in the oven for the final 12 minutes of cooking time.
7. Serve up. Add a hearty splodge of our sauce. Send a silent thanks to the girls at Sugar Free Siblings. Tuck in.
To find this recipe – and a trove of sugar-free culinary inspiration – make sure you check out http://www.sugarfreesiblings.co.uk